The summer season is the perfect excuse to head outdoors and make the most of the warm weather. However, once the sun goes down, the day’s heat can linger, making your indoor living spaces hot and uncomfortable. Homeowners may face rising energy bills as they try to keep up with the increasingly warmer temperatures. But don’t let the heat take the joy out of your summer!
Bruin’s Plumbing & Heating, Ltd. has put together a list of tips to help you improve your air conditioner‘s efficiency this summer. You can enjoy the temperature-controlled comfort of your home in Red Deer, Sylvan Lake, Lacombe, AB, and surrounding areas while saving a few dollars in the process. Call us today to learn more!
Our Top Tips
- Regularly Clean and Replace Filters: Your AC’s filters are its first line of defense against dust and debris. Over time, they can become clogged, making your unit work harder to cool your home. Ensure you clean or replace filters every 1-2 months for optimal airflow and efficiency.
- Seal Leaks and Insulate Your Home: Keep that precious cool air indoors! Inspect your home for gaps and cracks, especially around windows and doors. Proper insulation and sealing will prevent cold air from escaping and hot air from infiltrating, reducing the workload on your AC.
- Invest in a Programmable Thermostat: Take control of your home’s climate even when you’re not there. A programmable thermostat allows you to set different temperatures for different times of the day, optimizing energy use and comfort.
- Service Your AC Annually: Just like your car needs regular maintenance, so does your air conditioner in Red Deer, Sylvan Lake, Lacombe, AB, and surrounding areas. Schedule an annual check-up with our experts to ensure your unit is running at its best and avoid costly emergency AC repairs in the middle of summer.
- Keep the Area Around Your AC Unit Clear: Your outdoor unit needs room to breathe. Trim bushes, remove debris, and clear any obstructions around your AC unit to ensure proper airflow, which is essential for efficient cooling.
- Utilize Fans for Circulation: Ceiling fans or floor fans can help distribute cool air more effectively, allowing you to set your thermostat a few degrees higher without sacrificing comfort. This small adjustment can significantly reduce your energy bill.
- Optimize Your Thermostat Settings: During the summer, set your thermostat to the highest temperature you find comfortable when you’re at home. When you’re away, increase the temperature to reduce the workload on your AC. Every degree can make a difference in your energy consumption.
- Cook and Use Appliances Wisely: Cooking and appliances generate heat. Use your oven, stove, and dryer during the cooler parts of the day to minimize the heat load on your AC. Consider grilling outdoors or using a microwave for quick meals.
- Invest in Energy-Efficient Equipment: If your air conditioner is outdated, consider upgrading to an energy-efficient model. Look for units with a high SEER (Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio) rating to ensure you’re getting the most cooling power for your energy consumption.
- Schedule AC Repairs Promptly: Don’t wait for a minor issue to become a major problem. Contact our team for AC repair in Red Deer, Sylvan Lake, Lacombe AB, and surrounding areas if you notice strange sounds, reduced cooling capacity, or increased energy bills. Addressing problems early on can save you money and prolong your AC unit’s lifespan.
Maintaining optimal air conditioner efficiency is essential for keeping your home comfortable while also helping you save money on monthly energy bills. Fortunately, with these ten tips from Bruin’s Plumbing & Heating, Ltd., you can do just that this summer! Don’t hesitate to contact Bruin’s Plumbing & Heating, Ltd. today if you have any questions regarding your AC or need emergency AC repair in Lacombe, Sylvan Lake, Red Deer, AB, and surrounding areas.