Residential HVAC In Red Deer, Lacombe, Sylvan Lake, AB and Surrounding Areas
If you’re like most people, your home is your biggest investment. And just like any other investment, you want to protect it. That’s why having a reliable, energy-efficient heating and cooling system is so important. Not only does it keep your family comfortable year-round, but it also helps save money on your utility bills. Contact us today for residential HVAC services in Red Deer, Lacombe, Sylvan Lake, AB and surrounding areas.
There are a lot of different types of HVAC systems to choose from, and the one that’s right for your home will depend on a number of factors, including the climate you live in and the size and layout of your house. But no matter what kind of system you choose, there are a few things you can do to make sure it runs efficiently and lasts for years to come.
Here Are A Few Tips For Maintaining Your HVAC System:
- Schedule regular maintenance check-ups. Just like your car, your HVAC system needs regular tune-ups to keep it running efficiently. Most manufacturers recommend having it checked once a year, preferably in the spring before the summer cooling season begins. Contact Bruin’s Plumbing & Heating Ltd. today to schedule your maintenance and tune-up appointments for your residential HVAC system in Red Deer and surrounding areas.
- Replace your air filter regularly. A dirty air filter can restrict airflow and make your system work harder than it needs to, which can shorten its lifespan. Depending on the type of filter you have and the environment you live in, you should probably replace it every one to three months.
- Keep your vents and registers clean. Dust and dirt can build up on these, which can also restrict airflow and cause your system to work harder than necessary. Vacuum them out regularly or use a dust cloth or damp rag to wipe them down.
- Keep doors and windows closed when the AC is on. This will help keep the cool air in and the hot air out, making your system work less hard and saving you money on your energy bills.
- Don’t block vents. If you have furniture or other items blocking vents, it can cause airflow issues and make your system work harder than necessary. Be sure to keep vents clear so that air can flow freely.
- Invest in a programmable thermostat. This can help you save money on your energy bills by allowing you to set the temperature to match your schedule. For example, if you’re gone during the day, you can set the temperature to be higher since no one will be home to benefit from the cool air.
By following these tips, you can help ensure that your HVAC system runs efficiently and lasts for years to come. For HVAC services or AC Repair in Red Deer, Alberta, contact Bruin’s Plumbing & Heating Ltd. today!
Common HVAC Repairs
While regular maintenance can help prevent most issues with your HVAC system, there are still some repairs that may be necessary from time to time.
Seeking an HVAC contractor to fix your residential HVAC unit, but not sure how to choose a reliable one with years of experience in your area? Whether you need residential HVAC or plumbing services, Bruin’s Plumbing & Heating Ltd. is known to provide the best, high-quality services in Red Deer and surrounding areas. Contact us today for more information or to schedule air conditioning services in Red Deer.
Here are a few of the most common HVAC repairs we come across in Red Deer:
- Replacing the air filter: As mentioned above, replacing your air filter regularly is important for maintaining your HVAC system. But if you forget or don’t do it as often as you should, you may find yourself in need of a repair.
- Clearing clogged drains: If your AC unit is leaking water, it could be because the drain is clogged. This is a relatively easy repair that can be done by clearing the drain with a plunger or a plumber’s snake.
- Refrigerant leaks: If your AC unit is not cooling properly, it could be because of a refrigerant leak. This is a more serious issue that will require the help of a professional.
- Thermostat issues: If your HVAC system is not heating or cooling properly, it could be because of an issue with the thermostat. This is usually an easy repair that can be done by replacing the batteries or calibrating the thermostat.
- Fan problems: If your HVAC system’s fan is not working properly, it could be because of a problem with the motor or the blades. This is usually a relatively easy repair that can be done by cleaning the fan or replacing the motor.
While these are some of the most common HVAC repairs, there are other issues that can arise as well. If you’re having any problems with your heating or air conditioning system, contact our experts today! At Bruin’s Plumbing & Heating Ltd., our technicians are able to quickly fix your residential HVAC unit or plumbing system in Red Deer and surrounding areas.